شيستر
CHESTER
شيستر هي عاصمة مقاطعة شيشاير، التي تقع في شمال غرب انجلترا، قريبا جدا من الحدود الويلزية. بعض البريطانيين غير متأكدين إذا كانت شيستر في انجلت راو في ويلز، لكنها بالتأكيد في انجلترا.
Chester is the county town of Cheshire, which is in the north-west of England, very close to the Welsh border. Some British people are uncertain whether Chester is in England or Wales, but it is definitely in England.
فضلا عن كونها عاصمة المقاطعة، لقد ظلت مدينة منذ ما يقرب من 2000 عام.
As well as being the county town, it has been a city for nearly 2,000 years.
شيستر مدينة رومانية وما يزال يمكنك رؤية المواقع الرومانية هناك حتى اليوم. أهم هذه المواقع هي أسوار المدينة وهي أكثر أسوار سليمة في بريطانيا. يمكنك بسهولة المشي حول الجدران، هذه الجدران كانت الجدران الأصلية للحصن. كانوا حوالي بطول 3 كيلو متر وتحيط المدينة الأصلية. تم بنائهم بين 70 ميلاديا و80 ميلاديا. يمكنك أيضا رؤية بقايا المدرج الروماني. احرص على زيارة متحف التاريخ الروماني حين تكون هناك.
Chester is a Roman town and you can still see many Roman sites there today. The most important of the sites is the City Walls which are the most intact city walls in Britain. You can easily walk around the walls; these were the walls of the original fort. They are about 3km long and surround the original town. They were built between 70 AD and 80 AD. You can also see the remains of a Roman amphitheatre. Make sure you visit the Roman History Museum while you’re there.
النهر دي يجري خلال شيستر وهو مركز للإبحار، والتجديف ورحلات القوارب. هي أيضا مناسبة للمشي الطويل والتنزه. الرومان اسموا شيستر ديفا على اسم النهر دي. النهر كان طريق تجاري مهم للرومان وديفا كان لديها ميناء كبير لإحضار البضائع التي تحتاجها المدينة. الميناء لم يعد موجود.
The River Dee runs through Chester and it is a centre for sailing, canoeing, and boat trips. It is also a lovely setting for long walks and picnics. The Romans called Chester Deva after the River Dee. The river was a significant trade route for the Romans and Deva had a large harbour to bring in the goods the city needed. The harbour is no longer there.
بنا قلعة شيستر بدأ في القرن 11 م، في نفس وقت الكاتدرائية. تم الانتهاء أخيرا من الكاتدرائية في 1535 م.
The construction of Chester Castle started in the 11th century AD, at the same time as the cathedral. The cathedral was finally finished in 1535 AD.
ربما تكون شيستر مشهورة بمبانيها البيضاء والسوداء الموجودة فوق بعضها البعض. وهي تسمى"الصفوف". اليوم، تحتوي تلك المباني على مركز تسوق رئيسي وفندق كبير. الجروسفينور.
Chester is perhaps most famous for its black and white buildings which sit on top of each other. They are called ‘The Rows’. Today, these contain the main shopping centre and a grand hotel, The Grosvenor.
مركز المدينة مُعلم بصليب، الذي يقع في نقطة التقاء الطرق الرومانية الأساسية.
The centre of the city is marked with a Cross, which stands at the point where the 4 main Roman roads meet.
إذا كنت تريد زيارة مكان مختلف قليلا بكمية هائلة من التاريخ لاستكشافه، فكر في شيستر.
If you want to visit somewhere a little different with a huge amount of history to explore, think of Chester.
إنها جميلة.
It’s beautiful.